- There is a pursuit of excellence at Balham Nursery that begins with the Headteacher and extends right through the school community.
- This is a dynamic place, a warm, supportive and caring school, where children are nurtured, and encouraged to explore and have fun.
- All children enjoy their time at school and make outstanding progress. Their parents agree unanimously
- The children enjoy a stimulating curriculum which is seen in every classroom across the school and outdoors.
- Fun and exploration are at the core of practice.
- Relationships are strong and supportive.
- Practitioners provide an exceptional range of stimulating resources and activities which reflect and value the diversity of the children’s experiences.
- Because the curriculum and teaching are strong, the children are happy, settled and engaged; learning is rapid
- The behaviour of the children is perfect in every respect. Older children listen intently and are highly responsive, kind and caring towards each other.
- All children are highly motivated, showing curiosity, concentration and imagination.
- Children consistently show the characteristics of effective learning and move on to the next stage of their education, having been exceptionally well prepared.
- There is a culture of vigilance where children’s welfare is actively promoted. Children are listened to and feel safe.
The full report is available below:
This provision is outstanding
- The quality of teaching is outstanding. As a result, children are extremely excited and motivated to learn because they play in a vibrant, stimulating play environment, which is rich in high quality resources. Children receive focused support and guidance from an enthusiastic staff team.
- The organisation of the environment, and the staff’s ability in organising the daily routine, ensures children are becoming confident and have ample opportunities to dictate their own play.
- Children settle into the nursery school with ease because of the effective and robust settling-in procedures, which includes a home visit. This allows children, parents and key persons to bond quickly.
- The management team cultivates an atmosphere of strong team working where staff contribute ideas that promote collaborative working.
- Partnerships with internal and outside agencies are outstanding. Individualised support is provided for all children, particularly those with additional needs, ensuring they settle into the nursery and confidently transfer to school.
The full report is available below
This is an outstanding school.
- Children make outstanding progress, and attainment by the end of Nursery is securely above that expected.
- Teaching is creative, inspirational and promotes high-quality learning for children.
- Challenging and interesting learning activities are set at the right level for children’s different needs.
- Children thrive in an extremely positive and safe learning environment.
- Strong relationships are established, and children are cooperative, considerate and respectful.
- Teamwork is strong and all staff show determination in doing the very best for the children and their families.
- With outstanding leadership and strong teamwork, there is an outstanding capacity for further development.
- The Children’s Centre provides a range of quality services to support parents.
- Governance, the local authority and an external adviser make a valuable contribution to the school’s success. . Highly productive partnerships have been established with parents and other agencies.
The full report is available below